Monday, February 9, 2009

KAAR-MALE KANVENT ENGLISE MEEDIUM E-SCOOOL RAIGARH

I started my education in a convent school, which is in a type in itself specially when it comes to English “CONVENT TYPE” but for me I still try to overshadow this convent school factor for the same reason as to nobody will understand the fact CONVENT school of raigarh is something else then the classical missionary school they are dreaming about. Its that English medium convent where there is definitely merchant of Venice as part of syllabus but still students pronounce math as “MAX”, even I as student discovered the fact very late that there is separate thing called compass used to make circle other then the COMPOX BOX (I don’t know what it literally means) which till then I use to call rounder. Similarly there were many such examples that can be well enough to quote me as a disgrace to convent educated student. But still somehow just to have an edge over other school students in raigarh we have better writing capabilities in English but that too was restricted to pre designed leave application in which we only have to change the cause for leave. As my personal experience of a student of convent from raigarh actually I have learned to read English with better pronunciation which I consider as my achievement till I left the school because in the educational end I used to fail in English and it was a surprising fact to fail in a language otherwise failure was the privilege given only to the monsters like ‘max”sorry math and general science. Our school has a system of subdividing language i.e. English and Hindi into different branches for e.g. English one and English two at times I use to feel that this facility was introduced for me especially so that I can manage to pass in any one of the English to consider my self as a pass type students. By this focused approach towards English to get the tag of convent has actually affected the other corner where I have lot many companions for poor Hindi language perhaps almost 80%of the students have their spelling mistakes in Hindi and grammar off course was an unedifying fact. But that was never been taken seriously may be as per the national tradition that people from Uttar Pradesh. Madhya Pradesh and all are expected to have good Hindi even if they are not taught and similarly the south Indians are excused of this blame as if they are from the separate nation all together. Somehow today I have managed myself to be capable of writing this much I thank the same convent school which has actually kept me away from the excuses to save myself from the horror of English, to the girls of pune who actually motivated me to speak up English in which all the beautiful words are made like love you, kiss u. miss u, and many more and also to my great Bhaarat chacha who has given his honest effort to teach us the difference between present continuous and present perfect…..may be I become that PRESENT PERFECT SOME DAY……………in the name of Jesus ………AMEN!!!!!!

5 comments:

Runa said...

well said...actually Carmel Convent in raigarh really fails the standards of convents across the country....but thanks to the same for giving us the tiny edge that we have over others when it comes to english :)

Keep going!

Siddharth Tripathy said...

lovely writing, in fact makes a good and enjoyable reading, follow it with more, more than anything else its good for personal health

seema said...

nice blog...i've been a part of this school......but never noticed that...u've written it beautifully.... keep writing

Aashaayen said...

good beta ,good going .the best part of ur writting is that ur sentiments (for the alma mater) reflect inur writting&this is a sign of good human being.please continue ......

Animesh Mishra said...

great.......in a true sense ..u have wrote wat all is happening especially that of pronounciation...ie COMPOX BOX...etc etc....!!!!!every body must read this ....especially evry carmellite...sory sory sory...it is KAARMELLIGHT!!!!!!!H A AH HA